Lincolnshire tests

Advice on Special Needs and the 11 Plus Exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
knightbecky

Lincolnshire tests

Post by knightbecky »

After some advice my son gets extra time, a scribe and reader and movement breaks in all formal exams currently ( so assessments and teacher is confident he will get them for SATs) will the 11+ Be able to do the same, it’s Lincolnshire and I mentioned his requirements in the application. I believe they talk to his current school but is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you
hermanmunster

Re: Lincolnshire tests

Post by hermanmunster »

Looking at the GS website it states this - does he have EHCP?
Are there special arrangements for children with special educational needs?
The way in which the tests are constructed means that their validity requires all candidates to be treated in as nearly an identical manner as possible.

However the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 requires schools to take reasonable steps to ensure that disabled pupils are not placed at a substantial disadvantage. Any special arrangements, made after consultation with the child's Primary School, will mirror the level of support normally given in classroom situations.

Some examples of special arrangements are large-print tests for visually impaired pupils, an amanuensis for pupils with writing difficulty and extra time for pupils with an EHCP that indicates this is necessary. It is important to declare any special educational needs when completing the registration forms.
knightbecky

Re: Lincolnshire tests

Post by knightbecky »

No EHCP at the moment, have had an Ed psych report and trying to get occupational therapist involved, primary school have only really supported our concerns this year ( maybe because gap/need is more noticeable?). Unfortunately it is a slow moving beast and may come too late for the test.