Seven weeks to go until national offers day...

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rhinoguy

Re: Seven weeks to go until national offers day...

Post by Rhinoguy »

5 more days , it's just under a week. It will fly by quickly. My DS says he wants to stay up until midnight to get the results, cant blame him as it's his result. Gonna treat us family to Pizza Hut next Friday evening! You think primary school's Head would have known now which secondary schools the children are going to?
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

5 more days , it's just under a week. It will fly by quickly. My DS says he wants to stay up until midnight to get the results, cant blame him as it's his result. Gonna treat us family to Pizza Hut next Friday evening! You think primary school's Head would have known now which secondary schools the children are going to?
I was wondering that too! I don't know if they hear before us? They did for 11+ results but no idea about school offers.

Pizza Hut sounds like a lovely idea. We took the boys out for a nice dinner the weekend after 11+ to say well done for all their hard work. Not sure whether to do anything this weekend - hope we all feel like celebrating!
um

Post by um »

Rhinoguy wrote:5 more days , it's just under a week. It will fly by quickly. My DS says he wants to stay up until midnight to get the results, cant blame him as it's his result. Gonna treat us family to Pizza Hut next Friday evening! You think primary school's Head would have known now which secondary schools the children are going to?
I stayed up all night waiting for my daughter's result, 4 years ago..it arrived at about 3.30pm the next day!

This year, Birmingham LA says that results could arrive any time up to 5.15pm :(
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Oh no Um - the suspense must have been killing you! I'm normally up until at least midnight so will definitely check in before going to bed. But if it's not there by 00.05am, I'm going to assume we won't know until at least lunch time. (Won't stop me checking though! :roll: )
um

Post by um »

I kept the phone on all night and was woken up repeatedly with pointless spam messages!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh that sounds stressful. Both times I have logged in around 5pm on national offer day and the answer has been there. Is it just Kent that is organised? I thought anyone would be able to log in late afternoon on national offer day and the outcome would be there?
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

I know I'm going to be checking from Midnight too. I have difficulty sleeping at the best of times especially when I have something on my mind :shock:
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

mystery wrote:Oh that sounds stressful. Both times I have logged in around 5pm on national offer day and the answer has been there. Is it just Kent that is organised? I thought anyone would be able to log in late afternoon on national offer day and the outcome would be there?
It's that some areas post results from 00:01 on Offer Day, not that they wouldn't have them by 17:00. Probably a cunning way of spreading web traffic, along with telling people when to expect an email but not when the site will be updated. Anyone know when results are likely to be on collected London boroughs' e-admissions portal?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh I see - I am very glad then that we had no expectations of knowing it at 00:01 on National Offer day. The thought of a child hanging around until then desperate to know or for some of the class to get to get disappointing news straight before school is hideous. I prefer Kent's tardy approach in that case!
um

Post by um »

Solihull parents often get their allocations at about 6pm the day before 1 March (whether 28 or 29 Feb :D ) leaving us Brummies nearby feeling left out and obsessively checking our emails every two seconds!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now