What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sabika mirza

What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Post by Sabika mirza »

Hi,
I have recieved emails from buckinghamshire that you might not get a place in bucks grammar schools as they are over loaded. They said they didnt offer many kids with qualifying marks last year from non catchment area maidenhead and windsor. Does anyone from you have any idea what are their cut off marks? My dd scored over 121 in bucks and we live in maidenhead. Is it a fairly good score to secure a place in bucks from non catchment area?
Thank u so much for your reponse.

edited by a moderator
scary mum

Re: What is the cut off marks for buckinghamshire?

Post by scary mum »

You probably need to read up on this, indeed you should have done before entering your child for the exam. As you will clearly see, the qualifying score is 121.
Which school are you hoping for? Have you looked at the previous allocation distances in the Bucks section of this forum? Allocation distances
Last edited by scary mum on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Score is irrelevant, it’s based on catchment and distance from the school. The qualifying mark is 121 then based on distance . Dolly
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Oh my goodness, not another post with the poster having no idea of the Bucks system!

Children need to achieve a score of 121 in order to qualify. Anything above that number is irrelevant. To stand a good chance of securing a place you will need to be living in catchment by 31st October 2018.

Admin, please remove the score from the above post. Thank you.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sabika mirza wrote:Hi,
I have recieved emails from buckinghamshire that you might not get a place in bucks grammar schools as they are over loaded. They said they didnt offer many kids with qualifying marks last year from non catchment area maidenhead and windsor. Does anyone from you have any idea what are their cut off marks? My dd scored over 121 in bucks and we live in maidenhead. Is it a fairly good score to secure a place in bucks from non catchment area?
Thank u so much for your reponse.
The cut-off for the Buckinghamshire transfer test is 121, whether you live in downtown High Wycombe or Guatemala. Bucks grammar schools admit on pass then overauscription criteria such as catchment area and distance.

I'm not on Buckinghamshire, but I am pretty sure that all the schools' admissions policies are on their websites as thus is an obligation under the Amisdions Code.

Will probably have cross posted with a few more people by the time I hit Submit this time...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Syed

Post by Syed »

Hi I might be irrelevant to the topic but my DD has passed bucks n unfortunately we are Out of catchment to bucks can one of the parent move with the child into catchment area..wat would be the deadline for move . Is renting an option ???while the other parent stay where they are at the moment ??? As my other kids r too small n moving in a rush altogether is a hassle. Plz help !
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You can move in by the end of October I believe, but (and Bucks experts will confirm or correct me) that you will have to show ties to previous addresses have been broken (especially if renting I think), which you will not be able to do.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Syed wrote:Hi I might be irrelevant to the topic but my DD has passed bucks n unfortunately we are Out of catchment to bucks can one of the parent move with the child into catchment area..wat would be the deadline for move . Is renting an option ???while the other parent stay where they are at the moment ??? As my other kids r too small n moving in a rush altogether is a hassle. Plz help !
Are you serious? What you are proposing is fraud and I’m afraid not many people will help you with that!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Syed wrote:Hi I might be irrelevant to the topic but my DD has passed bucks n unfortunately we are Out of catchment to bucks can one of the parent move with the child into catchment area..wat would be the deadline for move . Is renting an option ???while the other parent stay where they are at the moment ??? As my other kids r too small n moving in a rush altogether is a hassle. Plz help !

What schools do you have locally? moving in a rush is not good - where would your child go for the rest of year 6?
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I despair since Friday , there has been many posts like this :shock: :shock: Dolly xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now