Latymer School admission

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sarabjeet

Latymer School admission

Post by Sarabjeet »

My son has got through both the Latymer School and KEGS Chelmsford school after 11 plus exams. We are planning to get our son join Latymer in the coming year (Sept 2019) session.

We are thinking of moving to Southgate area which is in catchment of Latymer school. I looked at the commuting options from Southgate to Latymer school. There is a bus that goes straight from Southgate high street to Latymer.

Just wanted to check if we can get some feedback from some parent if their children go to Latymer. And is it safe for children to travel in a bus from Southgate to Latymer and back.

Will wait for some inputs and suggestions.

Thanks.
exam2019

Re: Latymer School admission

Post by exam2019 »

Sorry I don't know that route, but have you searched old threads? I'm sure this has been posted about previously. Well done to your DS.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've moved your post to the relevant section where you might get more answers.
scary mum
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

Sarabjeet wrote: Just wanted to check if we can get some feedback from some parent if their children go to Latymer. And is it safe for children to travel in a bus from Southgate to Latymer and back.

Thanks.
There is a school bus 616 that goes from Latymer to Southgate. There are two morning buses and two afternoon buses and its schedule is aligned with the school schedule (ie. on Fridays when they finish at 3:05pm the bus is at 3:23pm)

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/616?fr ... n=outbound" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another option is W6 which also stops just outside the school (there is no designated bus stop but it does stop there on request).

There will be LOTS of Latymer children on both buses both ways, so it is safe.
copella

Post by copella »

It is very safe on the buses. We live just up from Southgate in Palmers Green and whilst my ds used to take the 616 it can be very busy and he wanted more flexibility than just 2 buses and so takes the w6 which like the 616 literally drops him at the school gates. On the odd occasion that I drive him I can tell when a bus has arrived as lots of Latymer children are walking towards the school. It is an easy journey from Southgate which many children do.
Sarabjeet

Post by Sarabjeet »

Thank you so much for all the feedback. Really appreciate it.
Glad to know that my DS will have company going to the same school.He was bit reluctant to move to London(he has read all these scary stories near Latymer school on Google) but having positive feedback from all of you,he will be a happy boy.
Thanks again.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

We were used to live very near Latymer and think it is perfect save there. My son always played zip line in small park near school.

Regards
hexic

Post by hexic »

As others say, there's a lot of pupils using the buses, as well as pupils from other local schools. Like elsewhere in London there are risks and threats and muggings do happen.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now