Mock/practice results April 2021

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MumsyKnowsBest!

Mock/practice results April 2021

Post by MumsyKnowsBest! »

Hi all, just wondering how the kids are getting on with mocks or practice papers. My child is averaging 65%...now panicking!!
KaB£H1s3

Re: Mock/practice results April 2021

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

MumsyKnowsBest! wrote:Hi all, just wondering how the kids are getting on with mocks or practice papers. My child is averaging 65%...now panicking!!
65% within the time limit? That seems quite good. I'm guessing though, I don't know if that's good enough
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Where are you? It will very much depend. My children (many years ago) only started doing papers 2 months before & got very low marks/didn't finish to start with. It was very much about practice for them & we found the 10 minute tests useful for getting up speed & accuracy.
If you are in a super selective area, you are of course aiming for very hight scores, but it's still very early days. I would think boredom/staleness might be more of an issue.
scary mum
MumsyKnowsBest!

Post by MumsyKnowsBest! »

I’m in Berkshire.
Wow Scary Mum, you started 2 months before? Well done on your child doing well. With regards to 10 minute tests, are you referring to the CPG books?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

MumsyKnowsBest! wrote:I’m in Berkshire.
Wow Scary Mum, you started 2 months before? Well done on your child doing well. With regards to 10 minute tests, are you referring to the CPG books?
No, full tests a couple of months before. An hour of tutoring per week in year 5. Things were much more low key in those days!
My point was that it's very early days to be doing full tests, it's 5 months until the tests.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now