11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
daft vading

Re: Sutton Mocks - multiple choice format

Post by daft vading »

In one fell swoop DG, you have allayed my fears :D
daft vading

Post by daft vading »

Just to help anyone else who has been reading this thread: from a trusted 11+ voice:

“Multiple-choice skills are also extremely valuable for students who will sit written-answer exams: multiple-choice questions teach close reading and the ability to identify subtle differences in meaning, without the distraction of having to construct a formal response.”

This makes sense to me.
bridge

Post by bridge »

My daughter sat the SGS mock back in 2017 - didn't do particularly well in it. Ended up at first choice school on offers day.

My son sat it in 2020 but it ended up being online. So I got him to print screen every page/question. The paper contained topics outside of KS2 and contained errors and question which just didn't make sense. Ended up at first choice school on offers day.

My daughter (2) will be sitting the SGS mock on Saturday & again in August. It's useful only if done physically. It gets children used to all the hustle & bustle of exam day and timing in a simulated environment - which is useful.

Wouldn't rely on it for anything more. The ranked comparison should be treated with caution.
daft vading

Post by daft vading »

I have to agree Bridge, now that DD has sat it and reported what she encountered.

Once the Test A sittings are over, I will be able to share my thoughts in more detail. I think it depends on which schools you are sitting. For us, the English paper was pointless.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

English exam papers are never pointless. There is always something to learn.

Which schools are you sitting where doing an English paper in preparation would be pointless? DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now