Only Reasoning!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yes I think that Lancaster does has a fair few out of catchment, despite a large catchment - much of which is fairly rural. Skipton is the same - large catchment up the dales, approx 50 out of 112 in catchment - the rest outside.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Thanks everyone. I've got to say I'm sooo nervous. I think Skipton is the preferred school, but we would be thrilled with either. The wait for results is agony :evil:
Lancaster_Girls

Post by Lancaster_Girls »

Fingers will be crossed for you X

Catchment area is very large for Lancaster if you live north of Lancaster. We only live 10 miles south so we are classed as being outside by 5 miles!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Fingers crossed for you again Nathair - all the best luck in the world zinging it's way over to your dd!
dolly

Post by dolly »

Hi Nathair

Hope the exam went well at CRGS this morning for your DD - my son sat it and we are also out of catchment area. The next 2 weeks will be torture waiting for the yes or no.

Best of luck.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Thanks. It seemed to go fairly well. She did answer all the questions anyway. I heard some children saying it was the hardest test they had ever done, and others saying they ran out of time. My DD said she finished with just enough time to check it through, so here's hoping. I'm trying to chill now and not stress about it for the next two weeks, but I'm not sure I'll manage it :oops:
We had a trip to the park conker hunting and then Chinese for tea, so at least DD is happy and knows it's her hard work up 'till now that's important, not the results.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Nathair wrote:We had a trip to the park conker hunting and then Chinese for tea, so at least DD is happy and knows it's her hard work up 'till now that's important, not the results.
Well done to her Nathair. Let's hope you get good news - the celebration of choice in our household on both the post-test days and results days was also "Chinese" for tea.

Maybe it was one of Confucius's sayings: "He who eat Chinese for tea get lucky"? :lol:

Very good luck with the wait, and I am glad that you rewarded effort, not success. I have always felt that was very important.

Sally-Anne
Milla

Post by Milla »

well done, Nathair! Or, er, Nathair's DD. Hope you're currently discovering the joys of wine-time...
Our time in 6 week's time ...
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Milla wrote:. Hope you're currently discovering the joys of wine-time...
Oh yes, a very nice Zinfandel rose has gone down very well :lol:
Good luck for your turn, get a bottle chilling now.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

She didn't reach the required standard for Clitheroe :cry:
We're really not sure where it went wrong. She is a clever girl and got level 5's in her year 5 QCA tests but on the day it didn't come together. We are waiting for Skiptons results next Saturday, but I'm not confident now.
Maybe the stress wasn't worth it, but I always said it was my job to give her the opportunity and her job to take advantage of it.
I don't intend to appeal, but can I get her results so we know how much she missed by? The letter that came this morning didn't give any information, it just said that I couldn't appeal until after 1st March 2010.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now