What to wear?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nathair

What to wear?

Post by Nathair »

My DD has several exams coming up, some are on school days and one is a Saturday. Does she wear her primary school uniform,(It doesn't have a tie or blazer) her own clothes (her choice is skinny fit black jeans and black jacket :? I call her mini-goth ) or something else, what does everyone else do?
One more thing to worry about!!! :roll:
katel

Post by katel »

Whatever she's comfortable in!
Milla

Post by Milla »

when my boy did it (on a saturday) he and his friends all wore their own clothes but a lot of the children from independent primaries turned up in their uniform. I'd go with katel and advocate whatever makes her happy.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Well, I have two opposing opinions!!

1) Wear whatever she is comfortable in (as long as there are no interviews) as feeling relaxed and comfortable is important.

2) Wear uniform - I'm thinking psychology here now. She wears uniform to school, and this is the place where she is required to work. It might be psychologically better to be in 'school mode'.

That probably doesn't help. I really am useless, genuinely, at making decisions. I can alwys see both sides to an argument.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My thoughts:

If it's a normal school day, wear school uniform

If it's a weekend, wear own clothes. (smart but casual)
LucyLou's Mum

What to wear

Post by LucyLou's Mum »

If it's in October - layers! I got DD to wrap up in jeans, fleece and a gillet, my arguement being it was a Saturday and the heating in the school hall wouldn't be on and then DD was positioned first in the row in front of the heater!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Ed's mum wrote:
That probably doesn't help. I really am useless, genuinely, at making decisions. I can alwys see both sides to an argument.
You see, EM, you missed your vocation - you would have made a superb diplomat! :wink:

Re what to wear - I would go with whatever he's most comfortable in.
Marylou
Nathair

Re: What to wear

Post by Nathair »

LucyLou's Mum wrote:If it's in October - layers! I got DD to wrap up in jeans, fleece and a gillet, my arguement being it was a Saturday and the heating in the school hall wouldn't be on and then DD was positioned first in the row in front of the heater!
It's NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just got the confirmation letter today, I'm more nervous than she is!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - the skipton familarisation sessions are the day BEFORE the boys go backand on the day that the girls school goes back - flip - can't get a lot earlier in the term than that!!!

Good Luck with tbe exams Nathair, I know you were looking at SGHS and CRGS where else are you trying?
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

hermanmunster wrote:
Good Luck with tbe exams Nathair, I know you were looking at SGHS and CRGS where else are you trying?
Thanks Herman, We are looking at Westholme and QEGS BUT they are only an option with a 100% scholarship, Westholme have up to 4 per year for incomes under £15000p.a, I'm not sure about QEGS. Other than that our local school is Park High
My friend has 3 girls there, I won't repeat on an open forum a lot of things she has told me, but those added to their GCSE results, and I really don't want to send DD there.