Am I paranoid?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Milla

Post by Milla »

WEIRD!!
We've got much the same height thing going as you, parent-wise (although my dad, brother and grandfather all over 6' and DH's bros are 6') yet the nippers are small. Eat well. Sleep well-ish. What's gone wrong!?!?
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

You've all got me beaten on the height thing :cry: I longed to be tall,but stopped short ( :lol:) at 4'9" ! Hubby's 6'2" though,so hopefully DC have some chance :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

You mean I'm not the shortest?? Yay!
See, us vertically-challenged woman attract the tall men!

I usually wear heels of some description all the time sallyj. High-heeled knee length boots generally at this time of year. It delays some of the year 6s patting me on the head until about Easter!
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Unfortunately the child sized height included childsize feet,towering heels don't tend to come in size 1 :lol:
Did once help out eldest DS primary class in a visit to a secondary school panto. During the interval I got herded into the playground with the children,whilst the 'adults' went to the staffroom for coffee :oops:
Milla

Post by Milla »

Ed's mum wrote:You mean I'm not the shortest?? Yay!
See, us vertically-challenged woman attract the tall men!
Yes, I've always thought that that's a bit of a waste :wink: my parents have a foot between them and my bro and his wife over a foot. NOT FAIR!! The teenie tinies should take the little uns and leave us tallies the tall ones!
4'9" wow, you'd make me feel a gross giantess.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I was so tall in Junior school , my male dancing partner had to dance the woman's steps when peering under my armpits didn;t work

I was 5ft 4.5 in year 7 (first year in real money) now 41 years later I have reached the incredible height of

ta da....

5Ft 5, and that was after traction on my back!
mad?

Post by mad? »

yoyo123 wrote:
I was 5ft 4.5 in year 7 (first year in real money) now 41 years later I have reached the incredible height of

ta da....

5Ft 5, and that was after traction on my back!
Yep me too - tallest girl in the year for Y7 then stopped growing vertically and grew horizontally ever since...not a good look...
mad?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

mad wrote:
Yep me too - tallest girl in the year for Y7 then stopped growing vertically and grew horizontally ever since...not a good look...

:lol: :lol:

me too!
scattydolores

Post by scattydolores »

My DH was tiny all through school. He left at 15 (summer birthday) and was one of the smallest in his year group. He then grew and grew and grew and is now 6', 44" inch chest (broad and muscly, not fat!). Our two sons are real titches. DS1 (born March) is the third smallest boy in his class.
mother night

height

Post by mother night »

I think height is a generational thing. Both my parents are Diddy -men (showing my age)- mother 5'2"and father only a couple of inches taller.

My brother is 6' 1" and I'm 5' 8", however, my grandmother was the shortest of seven children at 5'5" and all her sisters and one brother were amazonian, which must explain the difference. I have to admit that I was the smallest in my class until well into my secondary years, when finally I started to move- so there's always hope. :)

MN
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now