CAF forms - Radio 4 this morning

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

CAF forms - Radio 4 this morning

Post by hermanmunster »

Listening to radio this morning I gather than Manchester has given an extra week (because of the postal strike) to get these forms in. Hopefully some others are doing the same but it seems in London / SE they haven't given any extra time. Loved the woman who came on and said that she was sure parents would find other ways such as delivering them by hand etc etc ... :roll: methinks what if they were already in the post?????????
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Not sure why you would need extra time? In Bexley you can apply on line. Or you can return your CAF to your child's primary school. Or you can deliver it by hand. Royal Mail doesn't come into it.
Monicas Mum

Post by Monicas Mum »

We are in Kent and have been actively encouraged to only apply online. No paper CAF forms provided but you can request one if required.
When applying for the Kent test this could only be done online with information provided as to where to access the internet if you didnt have it at home.
I remember from my DS going to secondary 3 years ago you had to hand your CAF form into your primary by a cerain date and these were then collected by KCC from the primary schools.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

.... when we applied - a mere 2 years ago, online was not an option, DD was at a school oustide the LEA area - fortunately in the midst of the postal strike we were in walking distance of the LEA offices. OK but not everyone had time / transport to do this.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I would recommend applying online where it is possible, but print all forms and emails along the way. Keep the printed copies very safe!

If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application, email to ask for one.

If your application is likely to be stuck in the post due to the strike, you MUST be pro-active - email or call the local Admissions team and ask them to help you to find a solution to your problem.

Again, keep records of all correspondence.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now