Bad behaviour during 11+ sitting!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sarah C

Bad behaviour during 11+ sitting!

Post by Sarah C »

My son took the exam last Saturday. Because of the large number of entrants this year, the boys were split up and put into classrooms instead of in the large hall. I was initially pleased when he told me there were only six of them in the room and then horrified when he then mentioned that 3 or 4 times during the English and VR, 2 boys started starting flicking a rubber at each other! The master in charge spoke to them but it continued until it was eventually confiscated and put in the bin. :shock:

Do you think I should write to the school to express my displeasure or am I making a mountain out of a molehill? This distraction may have cost any of the other children valuable points so should it be put on record in case of appeals?

Re: Bad behaviour during 11+ sitting!

Post by Guest »

Sarah C wrote:My son took the exam last Saturday. Because of the large number of entrants this year, the boys were split up and put into classrooms instead of in the large hall. I was initially pleased when he told me there were only six of them in the room and then horrified when he then mentioned that 3 or 4 times during the English and VR, 2 boys started starting flicking a rubber at each other! The master in charge spoke to them but it continued until it was eventually confiscated and put in the bin. :shock:

Do you think I should write to the school to express my displeasure or am I making a mountain out of a molehill? This distraction may have cost any of the other children valuable points so should it be put on record in case of appeals?
Make your complaint. I certainly would. That sort of behaviour in an important test is appalling, not to mention DISRUPTIVE, and, yes, it may have cost a few valuable points for the other children.
Quest

yes you should compain

Post by Quest »

Yes you should complain, if you dont you will always regret it. That is not fair that the test has the disruptions. Hopefully the parents of the other children who were affected by this will speak out too.
If that had happened to my child on the big day then I certainly would do something about it. Good Luck.
Sarah C

Bad behaviour during 11=!

Post by Sarah C »

Thank you so much for your feed back.

I have composed a letter this evening expressing my displeasure and await further developments. It would be great if the other parents of the boys in the group were aware and followed suit. :)
Sarah C

Bad behaviour during 11+ exam

Post by Sarah C »

Further to my earlier post I have had a reply today from the grammar school regarding the behaviour issue.

Unfortunately they have said that there was only one boy who was a bit wriggly and that my son was completely mistaken. The master invigilating says the my son had finished his paper by the time this incident happened ( he hadn't ) I questioned him again without revealing I had already heard from the school and his story remained the same so I suppose they have closed ranks. I feel slightly hurt; it's almost as if they are calling my boy a liar.

I can only wait :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now