Require information about 11+ exams

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

geek84

Require information about 11+ exams

Post by geek84 »

Could you please tell me how do I find out which schools in my area require their students to take the 11+ exam? Also, where would I get the syllabus for it & where would I find out the exam dates? Finally, where would I look for a good tutor?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

It would help if we know where "your area" is! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Geek

Nathair is right - we have loads of info ... if we know which area ... alternately go to the home page - one the left hand side somewhere it says "11 plus regions" - quite a bit of info in there.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

hello geek

The format of the test varies from one Local Authority to the other.

welcome to the forum,
geek84

Post by geek84 »

Hi

I live in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.
fm

Post by fm »

Unfortunately Wolverhampton forum tends to be a little dead.

When my girl did the Wolverhampton Girls exam, it was English, Maths, VR and non-verbal, but that was 10 years ago. Check on the website for the schools.

You are also within travelling distance to the Queen Mary's schools in Walsall. Their exam is now a University of Durham exam, similar to that sat for the King Edward schools in Birmingham.

You may also be within travelling distance to the Sutton Coldfield schools. They were NFER based (maths, verbal and non-verbal) but there is a real possibility they will amalgamate with the King Edward schools and have their children sit the same exam which is also a University of Durham written exam.

I would suggest you post on Birmingham as people there do sit the Sutton and Queen Mary's, although possibly not the Wolverhampton ones.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Newport Girls and Adams Grammar, both in Telford & Wrekin, are also possible for some Wolverhampton residents. You'll need to post on the Wolverhampton forum for information on those.

Wolverhampton Girls was still GL (aka NFER) English, Maths, VR and NVR this year according to their web site.

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now