Independent primary schools KS1/KS2 results

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

In response to an earlier posting, I cannot agree that destination schools of Year 6 children are an indicator of good/bad teaching. People need to understand the concept of "value-added" to see what a school is really capable of.
I would agree with this. Many middle class parents have ambitions for their children which includes tutoring (either external or DIY) to enhance their childs ability or aim for the 11+ which really affects KS2 results and can influence allocation of secondary school places. This probably also skews VA scores. However, I'm not sure what other factors you can use to judge a by.
Nou

Post by Nou »

I think you have taken my comment completely out of context. I was trying to warn other parents that independent schools are quite capable of misrepresenting how good they are, but one thing they can't lie about is how many kids got into competitive secondary schools. Too late for us I'm afraid!
Deb

Independents

Post by Deb »

We have recently removed our son from independent education. They promised a well rounded and varied cirriculum. We were totally sold on the school but within weeks are in total bewilderment. He watches C beebies, has a nap and sings a couple of tunes This is reception for god sake!!!!

We have walked away scathed but unharmed - our advice - don't believe what is says on the tin.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now