Change of circumstances

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Desperate

Change of circumstances

Post by Desperate »

We originally just applied to two good schools as my child's school goes up to 13 - she has a scholarship at an independent - and I thought I could reapply in year 8 if she didn't get in, rather than apply to a school we would not ordinarily want. Unfortunately her scholarship was withdrawn after the application went in and we will probably be offered one or two schools on special measures if she doesn't get into the grammar (she may well have failed the exam) rather than a less-bad comp. The council will not accept a late application (Kensington & Chelsea in London) even though our circumstances have changed. Is there anything I can do?
Louise

Post by Louise »

That is appalling that the school have taken away your scholarship are you sure they are allowed to do that it seems incredibly unfair. Not been in your position but have you checked with the LEA I know our LEA accepts late applications from people who have moved into the area as a friend of mine did this last year. Have you contacted the independent schools advisory service, the LEA school admissions forum and maybe the local government ombudsman. I don't know if any of those would be any help but worth a try.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now