Role of invigilator and ht during test

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tigger2

Role of invigilator and ht during test

Post by tigger2 »

Can anyone help with this question please? My dc was distracted by a child crying ,muttering and banging his leg against the leg of the desk during vr and nvr on tuesday. As my dc said that it was a big distraction I thought that the invigilator would have made a note of the incident. The ht was in the room too and went over to talk to the dc and I think reprimanded another dc for saying that it was distracting ( but I am not 100% about this). I understand that a parent has gone to speak with the ht to check that a note was made but the ht does not feel that it was enough of an incident to bother recording. I disagree and thought anyway that it was the invigilators role to decide whether to record something or not and that the ht should not have made any recommendations. My dc said that she told one dc to go back to complete the practice question. This cannot be the correct protocol. I do not know whether this has made a tangible difference to the outcome for my dc but can anyone explain the role of the invigilator please and advise if the ht is permitted to make a decision once testing is underway. Many thanks!x
overpeck

Re: Role of invigilator and ht during test

Post by overpeck »

I personally feel that any distraction should be recorded. My younger daughter took 11+ 2 years ago we had to go to appeal. We had to prove academic evidence in our appeal, also there was a disruption during the test with a child sitting next to my daughter she was tapping the table and kicking the desk. Fortunately this was noticed by the invigilator and recorded. The other child was moved by the invigilator after the first test. My daughter was not brave enough to say anything! I am sure this helped our appeal. She is now doing brilliantly at GS an infact was awarded a merit for academic achievement/effort in her first year.