Chinese parenting

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: Chinese parenting

Post by mystery »

Yes paying the older ones sounds like a good plan too Scarlett. I think I might add that one to my box of tricks. I think I will pay the older one to read out loud to the younger one ........ really this will be to benefit the older one's reading but she needn't know this. Do you think it is essential to keep the payment secret from the younger one? Fortunately we still use pennies ..... they haven't quite clicked yet why it takes so long to save up for things.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Yes, you definitely need to keep it a secret from the younger one or they will want a pound too just for reading and if you have a middle one then they will also want a pound because they are miffed you haven't asked them and then you end up wanting a pound because you're off to Homebase and you no longer have any pound coins for the trolley.

Oh, my DD still excepts foreign currency, especially if in note form.
um

Post by um »

This is cheap labour indeed. My ds1 commanded a princely sum of £5 to teach dd her 6 times tables. But I was desperate as it had taken 3 months - ds1 got her fingertip quick in 1 day :lol:
I have worked out that he'll have finished his A levels, God willing, the summer that dc4 prepares for his 11 plus exams. Feel much better at this thought now...