Awaiting 11+ results - anyone else like cat on hot tin roof?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Doblinski

Re: Awaiting 11+ results - anyone else like cat on hot tin r

Post by Doblinski »

Very new to this forum, but am like a cat on a scalding tin roof. Yesterday we received an email from Sutton Boys saying our son had passed the exam. They didn't tell us his result, and we don't have any idea if he'll be offered a place, but we weren't expecting any emails before March.
Welcome to forum EQ, well done on DS passing his exam that's good news. Have you found out the result yet? Yes think the emails come out in March but depends a bit on your LEA I think
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

So glad I read this .......I ve been unable to think of anything else since our last exam ended last week .....I always promised myself that after the exams I would put it out of my mind till Mar 1 .......Instead I scour the forum looking for tips and encouragement.....sad .....Roll on Mar 1
EQchick

Post by EQchick »

Thank you Doblinski. My borough is Merton so we'll get our letters in March. Our borough's also running a text scheme for the first time, so I may find out by text - as long as that doesn't crash!

Son is sitting his final test today for City of London school and then it will all be over and we can (attempt) to relax until March.

EQ
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Yes personally am needing to just pop in here time to time and say yes we ARE still waiting....
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Oh yes and good luck with City of London EQ fingers etc X'd
vnunny

Post by vnunny »

Aaaaaaaaaargh! I thought it was just me!! I can't tell you how many times I have scoured this forum since 6th January looking for a faint glimmer of....hope? kinship? ?divine intervention???
Actually, I think what I really want is for someone to say:

'Don't worry if your son found the NVR diff & had to guess so many & ran out of time (never did during practice!), he'll STILL get in, my ds/dd did with flying colours...'

Oh well, I can but dream...and fret...and worry...who invented these tests anyway?? How oh how are we going to wait til March 1st (2nd??!) and stay SANE?

Any advice gratefully received....

vnunny
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

I,m trying to keep busy with as many mundane tasks as I can......

Not easy but I guess half term holiday will be the real worry ....
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

vnunny welcome to the puffing away on imaginary ciggies corner.

Yes yes DD did not finish the last line of NVR in time either. She had to quickly guess them, in a test where she was apoproaching it 85-90% ish, realistically missing a load does not look great, but you never know the guesses couldv'e been very accurate :wink:
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

When are the results actually out (online/ email)?

Is it:

00:01 on the 1st March (i.e just past midnight 28th Feb)

or

00:01 on 2nd March (i.e just past midnight 1st March) ?

Yes... can't wait!
yogkruti I dont know - anyone know when can get the online results?
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

My DD is in very similar situation to Vnunny's son. She had to guess some of her VR paper because she was struggling and running short of time. She was scoring 100% or very near it every time in practice papers. We are now telling everyone how much we like our catchment comprehensive. Still haunting the forums though - hope springs eternal.

If it helps, Vnunny, I know two families where the kids who didn't finish the papers got in but their siblings, who did complete, didn't get places.

Six weeks and counting ....