Who opens the letter?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

My daughter is blissfully unaware that the results are out on Friday, she's more concerned that it is the realease date for SIMs Seasons! :oops:
Unfortunately I am not blissfully unaware!
jashersmith

Who opens the letter

Post by jashersmith »

I have elected to be told via email - to my email address - so I'll see it first. This way I can prepare myself to give my daughter the answer in the most appropriate way. I feel sick at the thought of seeing the email appear in my inbox though; but as I'm the adult here :? so be it.
Going, going, gone...mad!

Post by Going, going, gone...mad! »

I think I might opt for the good ol' fashioned method of steaming it open, so I can stick it back down in the original envelope! I actually asked my daughter what she preferred and she said she was happy for me to open it whilst she was at school, but if it's good news, I'd like her to think she was the 1st to know.
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

I know that this is going off topic a little- but the talk about wanting/ not wanting to know before your child is interesting in the light of a letter my son's school sent out to all year 6 parents today.

The letter says that in the past, parents have arrived at school to inform their child of the school they've been allocated- and points out that this is disruptive to the class & upsetting if the child doesn't get the place they want. It goes on to say that if parents 'really feel it necessary' to tell their child before the end of school, then they can come into school at lunch time and the school will arrange for them to see their child.

How freaky is that????? What sort of ratbag would actually turn up at their child's school during the day to do that to them- especially if the news is 'bad'?????
Personally, I wouldn't let them in at all! Never heard of people doing that before!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now