Results tables

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
martin

Results tables

Post by martin »

Can anyone tell me where I can get the national results for the 11-plus?
I'd like to see how the marks have varied over the years, how many kids pass each year, do they change the marks needed to pass etc. etc.

I'm in Trafford where they have changed the way the exam is taken and I 'm considering an appeal for ny daughter who failed by 5 points.

Thanks
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I am afraid Martin, as far as I know there is no such thing as national results for 11+. Whereas SATS, GCSE and A levels results are described as public and therefore published, the 11+ results are private. They are organised at county or school level, and never published.
About appeals, I have posted a link about the Bucks system in the General Topics, Bucks and Slough thread. The system is different from region to region but you may be able to find something equivalent for your area. You could try searching for something like 'appeal', 'headteacher', and you LEA name on google and also on your LEA website.
Good luck
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Martin

There are no National results for 11+, because each individual LEA makes its own arrangements with different organisations.

However, results will exist within the LEA and the testing organisations and these are published but are not distributed to the general public.

Trafford LEA will have results from previous years and will be able to assess the impact of the new testing procedures adopted this year.

It is likely that many youngsters have been affected and therefore will be in the same position as your daughter.

Appeal as early as you can and obtain as much supporting material from your daughter's school to back up the appeal. Such as projected SATs results, internal tests and LEA set tests.

Good Luck

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now