Enviousness and competitiveness amongst mothers regarding ..

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lurker

Re: Enviousness and competitiveness amongst mothers regardin

Post by lurker »

Sorry, meant to say that I have tried speaking to the school but they said that my son hasn't approached them about it and they deny that the mother ( and colleague) is deliberately isolating my son.
I have given up really.
natnats

Post by natnats »

Hi Lurker............. I did send him back. He still hates the school and in fact wants to burn his uniform on the last day of term. :evil: However the fact that he has a short term left is making it more easier to deal with.

Have you lodged a complaint with the school?

I did but before doing so I asked for a copy of their anti-bullying policy and cited certain sections of it in my formal letter of complaint as evidence that the school was failing to comply with their own policy. Maybe its the lawyer in me but I cant help myself.

If there is a formal written record of what your son is going through the school will have to do something about it. I made a complete nuisance of myself and had meetings with the head/deputy/form teacher so the school were put in the position of having to show me what they were going to do about the situation. Be sure you name and shame the teacher/mum as she will be forced to account for her behaviour. You have nothing to lose as its his last term and as Fran says I am sure your son is not the last/only child she will be nasty to.

As for the children none of them really cared that their behaviour led to my son taking time off and there was a great amount of playground gossip whilst he was off that he was not coming back........interesting that not one of his so called friend's parents bothered to call me to find out if he was OK. The attitude of the parents speaks volumes and it is no wonder their offspring are so selfish and fickle.
natnats

Post by natnats »

Also lurker

When I took my son out for a few days I made it clear that until the school investigated the matter properly and spoke with the individuals involved he would not be returning. That puts the onus on the school to do something. Informal chats dont work.............. I tried that for around a year. :( :(
lurker

Post by lurker »

Yes, I wrote several emails/ letters, just got denial. It is quite hard to prove how she behaves when other people aren't around although the last straw recently was that she pretended to 'lose' a list of people offering lifts for an event meaning that my son wouldn't be able to go.

It was miraculously found for another parent . My son was only able to go to the event because another mother took matters into her own hands and went in on my behalf.

She probably won't be so bad when her son is at his new school as it won't be in her village/place of work.

It is a real abuse of power and upsets me so much.
lurker

Post by lurker »

That is interesting Nats- someone else suggested that to me too. Otherwise they would not have to deal with it.
Thanks for all this advice- I have hijacked a bit- sorry.
natnats

Post by natnats »

What a pathetic woman :x :x

Being spiteful to a child when you are supposed to look after them .............but Karma can be a strange thing and maybe her son could have a hard time in secondary school as she wont be around to protect him :wink: :wink: :wink:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Oh my goodness me you both have such a lot to cope with at the moment. What a horrible, nasty bully this woman is.
natnats

Post by natnats »

Hi Lurker

I would keep him off for a few days..........grown ups need time off from work when they have a nightmare boss/colleagues so why should it different for children. Presumably he has his secondary school allocation already and between now and the end of term I think they just practice SATs stuff.

I found that when I had my son off, he felt better knowing he was getting a rest from the unhappiness of school and it allowed him to recharge his batteries and go back to school fighting fit........... and the school took my concerns more seriously. I told them their failure to protect my son directly led to him being absent from school......

Finally I felt better knowing I was not going to have that dreaded moment at 3 30 when his unhappy face would emerge from the school gates showing me that once again he had had an awful day. It got the point that I hated picking him up from school.........as I knew.......by the time we got to the car he would be crying uncontrollably :( :( :( :(
lurker

Post by lurker »

I know that feeling of dread- I feel ridiculous as a grown women feeling shaky going in to collect him. I have already pulled my younger daughter out so will be so pleased to not have to go in anymore.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

It is a feeling of helplessness. We instinctively want to protect our children and you quite rightly expect the school you send your child to, to provide them with a safe environment. The school is letting your son down and you have certainly done the right thing by taking your daughter out. It is shameful that they are not addressing your concerns. As natnats said I wouldn't worry about rocking the boat as your son has so little time left at the school. You may put a seed of doubt in the teachers' minds with regard to this woman and it may prevent her from getting away with it in the future.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now