2nd hand uniform

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: 2nd hand uniform

Post by scarlett »

That's the problem until he starts I don't know how much of the uniform policy is adhered to...they are very strict though, with black marks given for the wrong items, so I think I will have to get all the right items to begin with.
My Dad has already told DS if he loses his pe kit just do what he did at school and help yourself to someone elses..very helpful. :roll: I've actually just spent loads on DD , buying those cute little pinafores , puffed sleeved blouses and mary jane shoes :oops:

Oh, and I'm useless at sewing so unless I can staple the badge on his blazer I think I better pass on that idea, Unscary !
A Mum

Post by A Mum »

Scarlet I have pm'd you
mystery

Post by mystery »

Scarlett, those grey knickers were mine. How did you end up with them?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well, you must be rather petite, Mystery or I shall look out for a lady squeaking as she walks because they were age 5 ! :shock: :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

:roll: Clearly not mine then. Shall have to carry on looking.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I did see a pair hanging on a bush near the public toilets , when we drove through Margate yesterday...if that might jog your memory ?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes those are the ones. I thought a strong dose of UV light might reduce the greyness.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh, that's why I thought you might have had an accident.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I have to say I did have to amend my "hand me down from your big brother" policy for DS2 when he ran on to the pitch in DS1's games kit and the rugby shirt completely covered his shorts and he looked as if he was wearing a mini dress!!! Poor child.

The second hand shop at DS2's school does a roaring trade all year round.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I can't even hand down DS1 clothes to DS2 ( if he makes it in to Grammar , of course ) because they are practically the same size...most people even think DS2 is the eldest which annoys DS1 immensely. I was slightly annoyed at the uniform shop as we were told he needed 2 ties , because if they don't wear a tie they receive a detention , so it's best to have a spare, and for some reason they need a pair of shorts to go with the pe top and another pair to go with the rugby top ...even though the shorts are identical ( and will be screwed up in a muddy ball together ) .The blazer wasn't really that big but when I asked for a bigger size the lady said he would look ridiculous .....I'm just hoping he doesn't grow that much now. I should have taken a leaf out of your book, Doodles !