media request - share your 11plus journey

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
journalist

media request - share your 11plus journey

Post by journalist »

I am writing an article for the Daily Mail about the competition for grammar school places and am looking to talk to families who are in the throes of preparing for the eleven plus. I'd be looking to find out what kind of preparation you're doing and what a grammar school place would mean to you and your child.

All this would involve would be a brief chat on the phone with me and having a family photo done at a time of your convenience. I am a journalist with 20 years experience writing for national papers. If you're interested in taking part and/or have any questions please contact me asap at [email removed]. I have run this request past the moderators and been accepted. Thank you very much. Julia Llewellyn Smith
XCRGSMUM

Re: media request - share your 11plus journey

Post by XCRGSMUM »

Good luck with the article. A grammar school education is the "best education money can`t buy" :D I am so very glad my 3 sons attended Colchester Royal Grammar School, from whence the above quote originated!
Naomij

Post by Naomij »

Well I'd argue that, seeing as cost of tutors and revision/preparation materials are not insignificant, but maybe that's not relevant to this. Just had to say it! Not interested in OP btw.
sterling

Post by sterling »

I'm afraid even the mild comment about a photo of the family doesn't sit well after reading this blog post recently:

http://thecollectivereview.com/anna-blu ... es-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, I'm sure this wouldn't apply in this case.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now