Aiming at 115 - what score do we need in Bond ?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anne2

Aiming at 115 - what score do we need in Bond ?

Post by anne2 »

Does anyone know roughly what sort of score to aim at in a Bond 11+ paper to be aiming for 115 on the real thing (NFER), January birthday ?
I realise this depends on the other children sitting, but I think the 115 we need must relate to some sort of national average rather than a specific group of children sitting the test.
Thanks !
mitasol

Re: Aiming at 115 - what score do we need in Bond ?

Post by mitasol »

Kent standardise to the national average but most places standardise to the cohort sitting the test. As such the marks will vary by school/region and individual test. If you look in the region you are interested in you may find more information.

If you are sitting a Nfer test then you should consider using some Nfer style papers. These types are all suitable - see Patrica's post. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Post by mystery »

What do you mean by a Bond 11+ paper? But before you get excited, I don't think there is any way of correlating this to a raw score in the real thing though. I used to wonder this but the more I think about it the more impossible it sounds that you could do such a thing.
Tailsmo

Post by Tailsmo »

Wasn't sure if my question is related to this, but anyway...

The minimum IQ (verbal and non-verbal as 1 paper) score for the school we have applied to (Lord Wandsworth College (indie)) is 105. Does anyone know how that might relate to Bond V and NR scores?

My DD is regularly getting over 75% on Bond, is this enough for the 105 level?

Thanks for your help :D