Does it end?!?!?!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: Does it end?!?!?!

Post by hermanmunster »

Sally-Anne wrote:ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh No S-A ... it's that manic laughter you get at the sight of the first modular exam timetable....... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :mrgreen:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

hermanmunster wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh No S-A ... it's that manic laughter you get at the sight of the first modular exam timetable....... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :mrgreen:
:lol:
And the letter announcing "study leave" lasting for weeks on end, usually segueing perfectly with the end of the Easter holiday and necessitating a permanent parental presence to ensure focus not Facebook. :twisted:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

hermanmunster wrote:
faitaccompli wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:Dare I mention GCSEs ...? :lol:
In some ways I think that GCSEs will be a walk in the park compared with the 11+ etc!
No... :evil: :mrgreen:

... then there are AS levels, A levels, EPQs....... :lol:
Then there is the UCAS process and of course working towards their degree, getting a job..... etc. :?

I'm afraid the answer to your question is....... NO! :lol:
vivienphung

Post by vivienphung »

Mamma Mia wrote:My DD isn't finished with her exams yet and is one tough cookie, but what exams has everybody else done?... Is my daughter the only one that has done:
1. Owens
2. Haberdashers (girls)
3. STAHS
4. Queenswood
5. Henrietta Barnett
6. Loreto

WOW! :o
DS applied to 8 including 2 grammar schools :oops: He had his final exam yesterday and will be occupied by interviews next week.

It was not because we could not make up our mind. I know at least which school I like and DS always does not give any fuss about any school (there was one school that we attended the open day which he said he liked - the reason was they provided decent hot food in open day). We wanted to play safe by applying to schools in different ranking academically as a contingent back up.

DS has worked very hard over the past 4 years and we have now finally reached the stage that DS has no more daily training to do. He deserves a lot of praises and we promised him a holiday after we have made our decision on choice of school.

I am sure other DC who went through similar training should deserve something good out of it.
Mamma Mia

Post by Mamma Mia »

She is very smart and can cope... sort of. She said "Don't ever let me do this again!" I really feel sorry for her! :x But she really strong about her answers. She hasn't failed one yet (I hope!) We've had a few come throw the door and by email.

Has anyone else found out their results for those schools? My girl doesnt care about any of them apart from Queenswood and we are hoping to get a bursary!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now