CEM Tests

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

instantsunshine

CEM Tests

Post by instantsunshine »

Please could someone explain what the CEM test currently consists of and how to prepare DC for it? Although I have been told by a school that uses it that you can't prepare for it there must be something DC can do to ensure they are at least familiar with types of questions even if in a slightly different format :? DD has recently sat Herts Consortium & Bucks 11plus so has recent practice in VR. I didn't hire a tutor (used tips from Patricia & Sally-Anne & other regulars - just wish I'd found you guys earlier) Still have some VR papers left over that we didnt get round to using when practising at home. Should we get hold of NVR? Presumably there are different CEM tests for different schools? How long do they tend to last? Any advice gratefully received. Have posted this in general 11plus as I gather some areas use CEM for GS as well as Indies - but feel free to move if appropriate. Sorry - lots of questions but hate leaving things to chance and not giving DD same chance as others whose parents are more savvy about how these things work (which is why I love this site as everyone is v generous with their time & advice :D )
mitasol

Re: CEM Tests

Post by mitasol »

The best place to look for CEM information is in the Birmingham section http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=14423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
instantsunshine

Re: CEM Tests

Post by instantsunshine »

Thanks - I'll do that now! :)