how to start preparing

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
beenish

how to start preparing

Post by beenish »

my daughter will appear next year. right now she is in year 4 and will be 8 in august. its verbal non vernal and maths she will have to prepare. i bought assessment papers and 10 min test of all 3 subjects. she has done assessment papers of age 8-9 years and did corrections. then im planning torepeat assessment papers of bond as well as 10 min test of all 3 subjects of 8-9 and also the corrections of 10 min test and assessment papers. i mean just reinforcement. she has done math 10 min test under 10 minutes. once she does 8-9 years i will go to 9-10 years. i just wnat to ask have i set the right time table for her? shoudl i go for scholfield for maths. i have mental arithmetic 3 by schofield. its v tough more than bond. should i go for that. it may take her v long time to do schofield as it has many deep concepts
andyb

Re: how to start preparing

Post by andyb »

Is your DD a year ahead of "normal" as I would expect a child turning 8 in August to be in Y3? If she is going into Y4 in September then I would just go over basic spellings and maths reinforcing what she is doing in school. If she will be Y5 in September then type of preparation needed depends on which region's test you are preparing for. You will get a more comprehensive answer if you post your question under the particular area you are in. HTH.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yep I was wondering which was wrong - the 8 or the year 4. Let us know then might be able to help.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Bond will certainly get you started but will not get you a space at your chosen school unless you also use the materials that are closest to the exam your dd will sit. You need to tell us what school you are aiming for. DG
beenish

Post by beenish »

its altrincham grammar, sale grammar school