Advertising Censored query

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mindset

Advertising Censored query

Post by Mindset »

Morning,

I have perhaps a very silly question: why are some brands allowed to be mentioned on the site and others not? A poster was looking for somewhere she could have a page of one type of Q to practise, rather than picking the Q type from whole papers. I tried to suggest something that we found helpful (removed by moderator) but it got the asterix asterix "the firm that must not be named" treatment.

Is there something I should avoid about these, hence the censoring of the name? I'm only concerned as companies I'm more familiar with (Letts, Bright Sparks etc) may be mentioned freely.

Many thanks, M
patricia

Re: Advertising Censored query

Post by patricia »

Hi Mindset

Take a look at the forum rules, number 8

To maintain the highest quality of information on the Forum, mentions of 11+ preparation materials that are not available on this site are not permitted.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=9&t=148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
Mindset

Post by Mindset »

Ah, yes. Thanks.

I've noticed a couple of mistakes in them, but on the whole they've been useful. Seems a shame not to be able to answer the poster (even in a PM, as you can for 'quality unchecked' tutors) that what she's looking for is available, but she has to look elsewhere for it. But I understand the need for the forum not to become a trading place for all sorts of substandard homemade materials.

Thanks again, M
Manana

Post by Manana »

patricia wrote:Hi Mindset

Take a look at the forum rules, number 8

To maintain the highest quality of information on the Forum, mentions of 11+ preparation materials that are not available on this site are not permitted.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=9&t=148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
That seems a pity. The English papers we have been using, from a company you don't seem to stock in your shop, are by far the best I have seen on the market. They are specific to the CSSE style used in Essex and extremely good.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now