Why...........

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Okanagan

Re: Why...........

Post by Okanagan »

Guest55 wrote:Okanagan - what revision books were those? I cannot believe you have covered all the algebra including simultaneous equations, quadratic equations etc or any trigonometry. There is masses of stuff at level 6 and up which will be needed to get an A*. The style of question has also changed radically this year ...
The one I was looking at was the CGP revision guide for last year's (i.e. 2011) Edexcel Higher Level which I was given. We certainly haven't done all of it - haven't even touched on quadratic equations or trigonometry yet - but we have done a fair bit on simultaneous equations, geometry, probability, etc. I also have a Lett's KS3 guide (can't see a date on it but I was given it from the same source so I'd guess 2 years older) - and there's really very little in that we haven't covered - at home rather than at school - considering that it's supposedly what they'll be doing for the next 4 years.
Last edited by Okanagan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Re: Why...........

Post by mystery »

It's probably like that with any subject though - you could get through several years' worth one to one at home quite quickly, but covering it at school in big classes alongside masses of other subjects too is a different matter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now