Results

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Results

Post by ginx »

When we get the results in October, as well as being told our child's score, are we told the score they need to get into grammar schools? Or do we just apply for our schools, hope they've scored high enough, and wait till March?

I know the approx score required to get in ... but I believe it can vary ...

Does anyone know if we are told how the score required by each school?

I know, very premature enquiry when I doubt my dd will get anywhere, just wondered.
FluffyD

Re: Results

Post by FluffyD »

With our school (EGS) you get the results and the pass mark required and a total number of people that have passed as well (I think) Which gives us a pretty good basis on wether or not to put it as 1st choice.
Vic x
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I don't know about Warks but in Brum they have said they will give you the score achieved and the lowest score that has been needed to gain entry for each school in the last 2 years.
UmSusu
pof4

Post by pof4 »

Unless I knew my DD's position - it would be extremely difficult to make any assessment - also I thought that there was no such thing as a pass mark - places are only awarded to the top 120 scores or so (depending on school intake). Am I wrong on this??
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

They won't tell you the score required for each school as they won't know it until they know who has applied for each - which is after the results come out.

They will tell you the standardised score and the position in the cohort (I believe this is within either East Warwickshire or South, not across the whole county). That will give you a fairly good indication - although there will always be some who would have qualified but don't take up places.

They'll also give a guide to scores required in past years, but with extra places this year that might be as meaningful as it would have been if the number of places were static (but it does mean you can probably assume that the scores needed won't go up thuis year.
inam

Post by inam »

hi. they will give the result and if 800 kids have given the exam. you would know what position is your child in .if its in top 120(redbridge )then he/she is definately in if its till top 150 then you are stuck till march cause it depends how many kids will apply and how many seats are left out the last year the breaking point score was 226 and the boy with 226 score positioned 145. but the kids over 160 position have a very less chance.