what papers do each school use

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiggerbabes1234

what papers do each school use

Post by tiggerbabes1234 »

Hello

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how i can find out what format grammar schools in London use for the eleven plus entrance tests. I understand that there are different ones! Any suggestions.

Thanks

Mary
Romeo

11 plus exam papers

Post by Romeo »

Mary,

In the London region there are alot of variations as to what secondary entrance exam (aka 11 plus exams) your child will have to sit. They could be any or all of:

verbal reasoning (usually multiple choice)
mathematics
English
non-verbal reasoning (typically in multiple choice format)

The first point of contact should be the school(s) you intend to apply to, or the school's website or failing that the LEA (local education authority). This will tell you which of the above subjects and what dates they will be sat as well as the school application proceedure.

I personally would then work through the free advice on this website - the forums, the advice section in the main part of the website as well as a close look at the free sample papers on this website so you have some idea of what you are letting your child in for.

If you elect to go for it then you have a choice of tutoring your child yourself or appointing a professional tutor.

If you have any questions, and there will be plenty of niggling doubts, there are at least four highly experienced tutors that I have counted that frequent this forum from time to time that give geniune compasionate free advice.

Good luck,

Romeo (Essex parent)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now