A bit too Anxious - Diversion suggestions

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Celtic Worrier

A bit too Anxious - Diversion suggestions

Post by Celtic Worrier »

I consider myself fairly sensible but am surprised by how anxious I am feeling right now, hopefully will get ds results on 13 October but finding it hard to distract myself. Only so many cakes you can bake and eat and work of course - feel like I am going to eat myself by next
weekend
How is everyone else dealing with it or are you all a hardy bunch and I am the lone nut this year?
ginx

Re: A bit too Anxious - Diversion suggestions

Post by ginx »

I wasn't that bothered until about a week ago. Nobody (including my dd) thinks she has passed but we all want to know!

And time is dragging! Not helped by someone's said that Warks Admissions already know the results ... so why do we have to wait! Ahhhhhhh!

You're not a lone nut! Just don't eat all the cakes you bake yourself!
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

How about a good clear-out and Ebay selling session - that's what I'm doing anyway. It is keeping me occupied (although not enough to keep me off here :lol: :lol: :oops: )
ginx

Post by ginx »

I just end up on this forum, typing messages that really mean: don't think my dd has passed: still hope she has: just want to know!
Celtic Worrier

Post by Celtic Worrier »

Oh ginx I feel for you this is a bit of a lonely journey, I have no idea how my son has done, he came out of both saying it was fine (seems to be the standard response) and by the time I had the chance to ask him what came up he said he had forgotten it all! Will be so glad to get to the end of this.
Samlet I did think about ebay but haven't got the patience at the moment, hope this all works out well for us all, I really ought to keep away from the forum for a bit I'm a bit addicted at the moment
best wishes CW xx
Manana

Post by Manana »

The days are ticking by soooo slowly! I should just do something productive but instead am endlessly thinking about what ifs! I just want to know something useful and I want to know now!

I keep logging in here in the hope to see messages like 'Low 2001/2 birthrate means Manana's DS stands a much better chance than otherwise' or 'Manana's local grammar school's pass mark will be unaffected by the priority catchment changes' (as if!) but obviously there are NO messages on here as nobody knows anything!!!

What's even MORE worrying is that the 15th will come and we will get no useful news!! Anyone who is in a county where you get an 'indication' of how your child has done (rather than the way of just putting down your choices and finding out what school you have 5 months later which is what we've had in Essex up until this year) can they tell me how useful this email will be! Will it be one giant let down :roll:
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

I am having deep clean of the kitchen to try and distract me, though it isn't working as here I am! :oops:
We don't get our results until the 17th which is an odd date as it's a Wednesday, hoping that they send them early though I know they won't :roll:
Vic x
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, CW, for your message. I must get off this forum or restrict myself to ten minutes a day or something!

Best of luck to you, too.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Good luck with that ginx!

I too have had these thoughts, but not been able to do anything about them (a bit like dieting really).

Working at a computer doesn't help, it is just far too easy to check up far too often.

However, as it is now less than three days to wait for us, I've decided to just go with my addiction. Wonder if I will break it afterwards or just linger - Hotel California here I come
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Currently chewing off all nails in anxiety.Just look around at all those parents who can't make eye contact, shaky hands, look sick - in fact you can meet them all at school open days. The cheerful happy ones are Year 5 parents so think all will be fine for their child. The ones nervously saying - well it would be lovely but we don't know and do remember ***** ( last choice school) was really good at this too ..... are the year 6 parents who just don't know.