year 5 standardised scores

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

year 5 standardised scores

Post by 0505 »

My daughter has just recieved her standardised scores for this year (year 5) in which she recieved 2 5c for english and maths, she was so pleased as she wants to sit the entrance exam for our only grammar school (the bluecoat) they use their own maths and english papers and the nfer non-verbal reasoning paper.

Do you think i have left it too late to study the non-verbal with her at home or should i get her some extra tuition as she is not really familiar with this paper and also what should she be aiming to score in this paper.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

not sure which school this is and would suggest you repost under your local location - eg kent(sorry, no idea where school is) but think you have not left this too late. Just do the tests now! Ask advice from those who know the area though!

Post by Guest »

it is the only grammar school in liverpool so there isn't an 11+ region on here for it.Just wanted some advice on whether or not i would still have time to go through some of the papers without feeling i was cramming everything in and pressurising my dd,thanks for your reply anyway.

Post by Guest »

hiya
You could try and post on the Wirral section,though Wirral schools do verbal reasoning papers only.

You should try the cd's on this site they are great!

We are preparing for the 11+ on Wirral and use the cd's and papers on here.Is there no way you get to a Wirral Grammar ,West Kirby girls is right by the station,may be worth a thought!

Is the exam in November like on Wirral ? if so I think you've plenty of time,wish I could help futher but he my kids only have to sit verbal paper

hope this may help
Pensby(Wirral)

Post by Guest »

hi thanks for your reply, the exam is october 6th (early this year usually middle of november). Idid look into wirral grammars but was concerned that the distance would probably be to much, shame really as there is a lot more choice there!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now