Most over-subscribed schools and 1st-preference dashboard

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miniwheels70

Most over-subscribed schools and 1st-preference dashboard

Post by miniwheels70 »

Hello all.

I've taken recent data from the DfE to visualise where there is the mos strain for secondary school places. You can see this by area as well as see which individual schools are over or under-subscribed in your area.

Additionally, there's a visualisation comparing the areas where you have the best chance of gaining your first choice preference for secondary schools.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... y_count=no

Just noticed that the dashboard currently only seems to work on Chrome or Firefox. It's a Tableau Public issue right now. Apologies if you have had any problems in viewing it.

Hope some of you find this useful!

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Most over-subscribed schools and 1st-preference dashboar

Post by ToadMum »

Is there a breakdown of which years the "vacant" places are in? Apparently, our catchment school is undersubscribed, but I know that in 2011 and 2012 (no idea about this year), offers did not go anywhere near the eastern boundary of its catchment area for non-siblings - if there are vacant places in any number I think they must be further up the school.

Also, how recent is the data? (apologies if I have just missed this somewhere). Sawyers Hall College appears in the Essex list, but actually closed in 2012 - I'm not sure whether the 124 (or 8.7% of capacity :shock: ) pupils in the table refers to the number left on roll when it closed down, or the number on roll for the new occupant of the buildings, the Becket Keys CofE Free school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now