Never Ending List!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MadMum.com

Never Ending List!

Post by MadMum.com »

I have been taking lots of advice from various sources, and have made a list up of over 40 books/packs that I believe are suitable to my area! How do people go about choosing the best ones?

I have Gl Assessment
Nfer Nelson and
Letts on the list
littledippy

Re: Never Ending List!

Post by littledippy »

Hi Madmum

I understand your agony. There are so many books we don't know which one to choose. I guess everyone is in the same boat.
My approach might not the right one. But I tell you what I am doing. I buy the books that recommended from this forum. Sometimes they are too easy for the age group, or too hard, so I don’t do them. Yes, I have wasted my money. I am still DIY my child, I have no other way of finding out. I wish I have a tutor but I haven’t found one yet but I am still looking for one. I guess lots people send their kids to the tutor because we don’t have to do all the research.
My child is year 4 and I am doing Bond books, S&S spring board and lots of reading. News paper & books.
I hope this help in some way.

Little Dippy.
MadMum.com

Post by MadMum.com »

Thanks for the reply, I am doing the same approach. There is no way we could get through everything. Only 5 weeks now until my dd sits it!
mystery

Post by mystery »

How old is the child and what does the 11plus consist of in your area? Who sets it?
MadMum.com

Post by MadMum.com »

My dd will be 11 in a few weeks and shall be sitting both the medway and Kent 11 plus in September 2013.

Kent is nvr, vr, maths (all multiple choice) and a creative writing piece.

Medway is vr maths (multiple choice) and a creative writing piece.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ok, we'll certainly for kent it is the gl assessment practice papers that a re the closest thing to this year's test - 8 in each subject.