Still waiting for a primary school for my DD's....

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stroller

Re: Still waiting for a primary school for my DD's....

Post by Stroller »

Any update?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
happypilot

Post by happypilot »

I can see you moving back to Australia.

It was never a good plan to be in the uk for opportunities for our children in this country."
Teaching here is so variable ( unless you can afford £1000 pcm per child for independent schools).
Amber

Post by Amber »

happypilot wrote:Teaching here is so variable ( unless you can afford £1000 pcm per child for independent schools).
Teaching in independent schools is just as likely to be variable as in state ones. Some absolutely excellent teachers of my acquaintance would not work in either independent or even grammar schools on principle. Independent schools have never been subject to the same employment constraints as state ones, liberating them from such technicalities as employing those with qualified teacher status, those who have successfully completed probationary years or those who failed to get work in the state sector. Paying is no guarantee of anything other than a smaller bank balance - as with everything else, there is good and bad.

There are many reasons to think moving to the UK for education reasons is not a great idea, but the professionalism of state school teaching is not one of them.
marigold

Post by marigold »

I feel I should add that I have two acquaintances , both failed in the city, who are now teaching Maths in independent schools without a maths degree or teaching qualification between them.

Paying for education, just like paying for health care, does not necessarily mean you are paying for something better.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

I should add that I have two acquaintances , both failed in the city, who are now teaching Maths in independent schools without a maths degree or teaching qualification between them.
And I know someone who was a successful programmer for a big bank earning 90k+ 10 years ago, hated her job, and is now a maths teacher at a selective school (with a 1st in Maths and a teaching degree to boot!).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now