Weird stuff people do to get their children through

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brum Mum

Re: Weird stuff people do to get their children through

Post by Brum Mum »

Amber wrote:Please stop that one. Please. :(
Agreed - I can't imagine that it was done for test purposes, and the poor DC might have had to wear it (if indeed it was one) for medical purposes. :( :(
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

I told both mine to pray to their Guardian Angels if they got stressed or did not know an answer. My DH absolutely forbade saying "What can their Gods/Angels do if the children do not know an answer?"

My daughter came back from 1 exam and said she had prayed to her Angel for help, much to my DH's annoyance. Pleased to say that the little prayer helped to calm her down and clear up her mind and she could work out the answer.
vanityfair

Post by vanityfair »

Told my D's to 'make like a camel' limiting her water intake as loo breaks during
exams are a no no! We both hate public loos so this was rather easy to enforce!!
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Oh no, this thread has worried me.

It did occur to me briefly to add some things to dd's diet but she's such a fussy eater, feeding her anything new is a trial in itself.

I took with some chocolate to give her for energy on the day of the HBS exam. I had planned to give her some after the journey there just before she went in.

I forgot :roll:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Middlesexmum wrote: I took with some chocolate to give her for energy on the day of the HBS exam. I had planned to give her some after the journey there just before she went in.

I forgot :roll:
I wouldn't worry about it - it might have made her thirsty, and I think we've established that drinking too much water before a test is a bad idea! :roll: :)
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now