does anyone have any books for sale?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pia

does anyone have any books for sale?

Post by pia »

Hi,

Just want to know if anyone has any unmarked books they no longer need and want to sell on. My child will be sitting the Bucks and Slough tests next September so anything that will be useful for these two tests would be welcome! Any advice on preparation would also be greatly received as it seems there is sooo much to do!

Thanks.
crocodile

Re: does anyone have any books for sale?

Post by crocodile »

Hello Pia
My ds sat the 11+ test this year and he has passed, thank goodness!!
There is no magic formula but the key is hard work and dedication on both your and your childs part. one thing i would suggest is that we did not sufficiently prepare for the cloze test and think he did not fare as well in that section.
One way of improving vocab and understanding is to read more. it took a lot of persuasion to get him to read any kind of books and literature other than beast quest.
I am not sure what the key is but hope your child is easier to persuade and is already an avid reader of books such as lewis carroll, dickens, ransome and robert louis stevenson.
Practicising writing stories however brief and fanastical.
good luck.
p.s. do not have any blank 11+ test work books as have passed them onto ds's cousins who will also be sitting the test next september
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now