GL Assessment is there a difference between pack 1 and 2?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bomoboy

GL Assessment is there a difference between pack 1 and 2?

Post by Bomoboy »

Is worth getting pack 1 and pack 2 of the GL Assessment papers. Are there differences in the types of question between the 2 packs or is it more of the same type of questions?

Also, if the exam is based on GL Assessments, is there any point in buying any other types of paper (eg Bond) or would this be a waste of time?

Just asking because we have gone through a lot of pack 1 and am wondering what other sources to use?

My son will be tested on English, Maths and Verbal Reasoning (all multiple choice).

Many thanks in advance for your advice!
tiffinboys

Re: GL Assessment is there a difference between pack 1 and 2

Post by tiffinboys »

Basically more of the same, except for VR as pack 2 covers HIKNOS as well, which pack 1 doesn't cover.
Bomoboy

Post by Bomoboy »

Thanks for getting back to me.

What is HIKNOS? Is it another type of VR question? This is a bit confusing as the school he is applying to just say to buy pack 1 to practise with so I am not sure if that means they don't need these types of question!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

HIKNOS are VR type classification used by IPS.

Following thread will help. Its type 16 to 21.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... f=3&t=3740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Different questions but same types though. It is worth getting.

My Ds also did bond paper as well as letts.

TBH, as time went on, we also ran out of papers, but we went back visited some papers that he has already done- just for revision.
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

Yes, definitely worth getting pack 1 & 2 for GL and Bond.
I think Pack 2 for both GL & Bond was harder. Just to warn -Pack 2 can knock a little confidence, so be aware when you attempt the papers.
We revisited these papers a few times and/or certainly difficult questions. Each time improving on timing and accuracy and therefore their confidence.

Have you got Athey papers? These were also good to complete. There are up to 18 papers to complete or also known as Pack, 1,2 and 3. These did not change a huge amount in level of difficulty though.