To relocate so that my child can go to grammar school

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
push-pull-mum

Re: To relocate so that my child can go to grammar school

Post by push-pull-mum »

care4 wrote:What if my options are either Grammar or good private school? First option as grammar school.
I don't know what it is is like in all regions but in my experience, private secondary schools in grammar school catchment areas tend to be less academic - same effect as the weaker comprehensive schools in the same areas and completely disproportionate to the small number of children who win places at the grammars.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

push-pull-mum wrote:
care4 wrote:What if my options are either Grammar or good private school? First option as grammar school.
I don't know what it is is like in all regions but in my experience, private secondary schools in grammar school catchment areas tend to be less academic - same effect as the weaker comprehensive schools in the same areas and completely disproportionate to the small number of children who win places at the grammars.
Interesting, certainly not the case around the warwickshire/worcs/Gloucestershire counties. Or Solihull. Or birmingham. Some hugely academic private schools. Warwick, Bromsgrove, Kes Birmingham, Solihull School, kings High, can't remember the ones in Worcester but a couple there. And all very selective with apparently no shortage of takers despite the grammars, of which there are quite a few.
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Yamin151 wrote:
push-pull-mum wrote:
Interesting, certainly not the case around the warwickshire/worcs/Gloucestershire counties. Or Solihull. Or birmingham. Some hugely academic private schools. Warwick, Bromsgrove, Kes Birmingham, Solihull School, kings High, can't remember the ones in Worcester but a couple there. And all very selective with apparently no shortage of takers despite the grammars, of which there are quite a few.
Whereas here in Essex Suffolk bus'em in to our grammars and we bus'em out to their indies. 8)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now