Timed Tests - what sort of scores?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Highamsmum

Timed Tests - what sort of scores?

Post by Highamsmum »

DD has done some timed tests over the Easter holidays for the first time. I don't have a clear idea of what sort of scores she should be aiming for as a minimum, and would be grateful for any comparisons from people that have done this before or are doing it now. She has done Cloze First Past the Post and scored 80% on the first one and 78% on the second. CGP Verbal 30 minutes tests - she did two of these and scored 86% and 88% with plenty of time to spare and very similar marks on the CGP NVR 20 minute tests. First Past the Post Numercial Reasoning though was 56% and I gave her 10 minutes longer than was allowed so I think that "reall" she was under 50%. Are the CGP books quite easy? Clearly her Numercial Reasoning score was low - what sort of level is the First Past the Post book - is it thought to be pretty standard?
VH73

Re: Timed Tests - what sort of scores?

Post by VH73 »

I don't know too much about this myself. My DS was doing mc First Past the Post, I thought CGP was harder. That will be next.
He did over 90% in Maths, his literacy tests were over 80%, but just because his grammar was pretty good, the comprehension part was only 65-70%.

I'm wondering too how others are doing.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

My ds used to score above 80-90% but we did those papers in July not in April. I found FPP comprehension quite challenging and prepares you good for super-selectives like Olave's, QE & Wilson. Remember that grammar component is quite small in the certain exams and they focus on

I think Letts, CGP & Athey are just ok and not hard enough.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Many children do badly in all tests leading up to the 11 plus and then pass easily, and vice versa. There is only one test that matters so dont stress yourself or your children. Seeking out other peoples scores will also cause you nothing but distress. Try and chill.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now