What future for your child?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

southbucks3

Re: What future for your child?

Post by southbucks3 »

DS to be England cricket captain. Just being opening bat bowl or bowl just is not good enough. No pressure there. DS knows I have this expectation and as soon as he is finished on Minecraft will be out practicing his cover drive.
:lol:

I told my son number one to forget any idea of a career, learn conversation skills and marry rich, as he should play to his biggest skill.....his lovely looks. He was not impressed....slammed out of the room, muttering about being too skinny and others silly comments. Guess my plans to be the kept mother in law from the sticks who makes the occasional appearance at claridges when they buy me tea, will have to be re-thought!

So following that brief flutter into my children's career guidance I have decided to just concentrate on feeding them and washing their clothes!
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

southbucks3 wrote:
DS to be England cricket captain. Just being opening bat bowl or bowl just is not good enough. No pressure there. DS knows I have this expectation and as soon as he is finished on Minecraft will be out practicing his cover drive.
:lol:

I told my son number one to forget any idea of a career, learn conversation skills and marry rich, as he should play to his biggest skill.....his lovely looks. He was not impressed....slammed out of the room, muttering about being too skinny and others silly comments. Guess my plans to be the kept mother in law from the sticks who makes the occasional appearance at claridges when they buy me tea, will have to be re-thought!

So following that brief flutter into my children's career guidance I have decided to just concentrate on feeding them and washing their clothes!

Worryingly my DD has read the above and wants to meet your DS. We should stop that happening.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD wants to be a writer or own a patisserie, failing that something that involves riding horses.

Strangely, she doesn't want to be an engineer like her parents.

German, textiles and science seem to be her best subjects.

Thankfully I think she will have better careers advice than I got. Our careers teacher tried to put me off taking all three sciences at O level, saying 'that might be a bit difficult for a girl' (yes, she really did say that :shock: ) obviously hadn't talked to any of my teachers. I didn't dare tell her I wanted to be an engineer. And I was the only person to get three As in science at my school, so it can't have been that difficult.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

My careers officer made a special trip to my home :shock: He was so excited, as I had ticked all the right boxes to be an air traffic controller! He had the paperwork ready for me to practically just sign on the spot to join a training scheme he had sorted out. I calmly told him that I wanted to be an estate manager or park ranger (I didn't become either) and the thought of controlling air traffic terrified me. :lol: He left thoroughly disappointed leaving me a heap of information and my dad had a bit of a rant, explaining I had just turned down the opportunity to earn a huge salary and have a secure job for life!
Knowing me now, in that job I doubt I would gave survived past thirty! I panic when the boys have to negotiate their bikes round cars, let alone jumbo jets into busy airports, or raf planes onto tiny runways.

Fatnoville, as long as she can keep him in style, she can have him....there that was easy!