... panicky child = forgetful/silly errors

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: ... panicky child = forgetful/silly errors

Post by southbucks3 »

Oh, and keep a sense of humour!

Just did twenty minutes maths test with son number three and marked it as we missed our morning scofield and simns session, one answer was beyond working out what he had done wrong in the process.

Mum, "How did you manage to get an answer that was so completely wrong."

Son, "Because I have so much talent for maths."

Mum, laughed and donked him on the head with his rough book! You wouldn't believe him and number one are the same stock! Son number one would stand there like a deer caught in the headlights until it was marked, so we devised elated,smiley, grumpy, angry, bonkers, emoticon marking to keep things a bit more fun.
Last edited by southbucks3 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pp1

Post by pp1 »

thanks so much for the advice! The bit about getting tonsillitis on the eve of any school test really resonates!!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

pp1 wrote:thanks so much for the advice! The bit about getting tonsillitis on the eve of any school test really resonates!!
Bless them, having a red, sore, sticky, golf ball stuck in your throat when doing tests ain't fun. :cry: Also persuading witchy maths teachers that he needed his water on the desk as he had tonsillitus wasn't fun. People seem oblivious that viral tonsillitus can flare up due to stress, just like ibs.
MSC

Post by MSC »

southbucks3 wrote:Hi,

I have decided to go public as I have had so many pm's.

Good luck all. X
My goodness, this is so useful! Thank you Southbucks3 and original poster Heartmum!
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now