nearly time

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Wish you the best of luck! :D
Surfwidow

Post by Surfwidow »

Have six exams we then have the long wait until the end of May!!!
Beat that!
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

0505 wrote:well the day had come for dd to get her results and i could see her little face as the postman came to the door with a bundle of letters but sadly there was no letter for her, she was so disappointed i could have cried for her, all i can assume is that due to the postal strike (we are in liverpool)there is still a backlog of post!Now we will have to go through it all again on Monday morning and hope that it will be in that post.
Aw poor mite.
Good luck for Monday!
Does the post come before she leaves for school?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

surfwidow,

Why are you waiting until May when allocation day is in March?
Surfwidow

Post by Surfwidow »

Because the date in May is our allocation day in Guernsey.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote: Why are you waiting until May when allocation day is in March?
Surfwidow wrote: Because the date in May is our allocation day in Guernsey.
Guernsey must seem like it's a long way away, Surfwidow! Surely it doesn't take that long to post the letters? :shock:

More seriously, my heart goes out to you on the long wait. Do everything you can to forget about it, but do come back and tell us how it went.

Meantime, do post on RedDebs question (on this section) about exam dates, results dates and allocation days. It will skew the survey something ghastly, but it is worth her having that information!

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Confused! wrote:
0505 wrote:well the day had come for dd to get her results and i could see her little face as the postman came to the door with a bundle of letters but sadly there was no letter for her, she was so disappointed i could have cried for her, all i can assume is that due to the postal strike (we are in liverpool)there is still a backlog of post!Now we will have to go through it all again on Monday morning and hope that it will be in that post.
Aw poor mite.
Good luck for Monday!
Does the post come before she leaves for school?
the post is all over the place at the moment so it wasn't a surprise that it wasn't here before dd left for school this morning, so i am now sitting anxiously waiting, will let you know the outcome as soon as i can.

thanks for the warm wishes.
sue x
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

Anonymous wrote: the post is all over the place at the moment so it wasn't a surprise that it wasn't here before dd left for school this morning, so i am now sitting anxiously waiting, will let you know the outcome as soon as i can.

thanks for the warm wishes.
sue x
Aww Sue, hope they are there now and she got the results she deserved!

Post by Guest »

well still no letter so decided to phone the school, and was told that i could call and collect a copy of the results which i obviously jumped at!.So now at long last ( i know not as long as some who are waiting) my dd has her results and i can proudly say she has passed and has her place at the only grammar school in liverpool. To say i am chuffed is an understatement but all the hard work and advice from this valuable site has paid off, so thank you all and i wish you all well in your forthcoming exams and results.(off to have a well deserved glass of rose!)
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Many congratulations to you and your daughter-I think that glass of wine is well called for!!!

Gloucestermum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now