Can someone please help understanding admission criteria for SouthWestHerts consortium (St Clements/Queens/Rickmans)

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SWTHRTS

Can someone please help understanding admission criteria for SouthWestHerts consortium (St Clements/Queens/Rickmans)

Post by SWTHRTS »

Hi everyone.
I have found this forum very helpful for preparing for the exam itself.

My child has a score of 205 in this consortium’s test and we live in Herts but quite far from any of these schools so academic offer is our only option in these three (not high enough for Parmiter’s and not in catchment for any other).

Please can someone help me with deciding how to fill the secondary school application? I do not wish to loose the chance of our local secondary either.
At Clements Dane will be our first choice though I know we have too low a score to be confident at all.

I will also choose Rickmansworth if we are offered a place there and can move there by next year in plenty of time to start secondary.

Please can someone help me figure out.
I live in North Herts.

Many thanks in advance.
hermanmunster

Re: Can someone please help understanding admission criteria for SouthWestHerts consortium (St Clements/Queens/Rickmans)

Post by hermanmunster »

the main thing is to put the schools in the order you really want - that sounds like

1 SCD
2 Rickmansworth
3. local school

Putting your local school at (3) or lower does not reduce your chance of getting a place there if you don't get either of the others

I am not sure of your chances at each of the schools, just explaining how the CAF works
SWTHRTS

Re: Can someone please help understanding admission criteria for SouthWestHerts consortium (St Clements/Queens/Rickmans)

Post by SWTHRTS »

Thank you very much for the kind response. That confirms what I thought was the way to fill the application form.

For the admission criteria, I think I understand it (st Cl Dane= 10% on academic test only; Rickmansworth = 25% on academic test only).

Filling the CAF was my main problem.

I will very much appreciate if someone can also share their experience of these two schools if they have been in the same situation as us (out of catchment and eligible via the academic test only; then moved if the offer came through in March or onwards).

Thank you in advance.