Worry and unhappiness

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Worry and unhappiness

Post by Guest »

Dear Everyone

Reading through the posts on this message board, I can't believe the uncertainty, unhappiness and worry that plagues parents in particular areas of the country with regard to their child's secondary schools.

My son sat his 11+ in Birmingham on 5 November. He is the youngest in the class at school and gets the highest marks consistently. He was at level 5 in Maths and English at the end of year 5. He gets 90 - 95% on practice papers, 100% sometimes. But I am still so worried about it. He keeps telling me about all the questions he got wrong and, although he doesn't realise, I worry myself sick about it. Am I crazy? How clever do you really have to be to get into these schools? We put Camp Hill first choice - should I have put Five Ways? The questions I ask myself are endless. The waiting is the most awful thing I have experienced and the schools hold so much power over us. He is going to sit 2 tests for independent school this month and I feel sick about it really. He is so little (in age and in stature!). He is a little boy who loves football and messing about on the computer and I have to keep getting him to do bl**dy verbal and non verbal reasoning and Maths. It is a crazy system.

Any advice from anyone? Who can tell me if he is going to get into Camp Hill because that is really the only thing I want to know!!!
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Guest,
Just wondering if your son got into Camp Hill.

Hope everything went okay for you on allocation day.

Please post and let us know, you sounded really concerned as I was too prior to March 1st !!

Footymad. :wink: