DS at end of tether poor thing!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stressed?Moi?

Re: DS at end of tether poor thing!

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

onebigdilemma wrote:In our area 11+ was 1st July and my boys were still only 9 years old. At the time I wished the test was September but done this early at least we could relax all summer.
I think you are right to take a break, hope your DS gets his confidence back, as others have suggested I would do easier papers to help this x
Aw bless, still babies. Not sure which is worse really. The holiday was handy for prep so we've had longer to prepare, but it would have been nice to have been able to relax. Dd's was the best I think. Hers was straight forward; VR only exam in mid-October and results one week later. Unfortunately that finished last year - boo!

Ds came home from school today (second day) much more relaxed than yesterday. He asked to look at the explanation sheets for the NVR he bombed on and I left him to it. He said it was useful and there was only two he didn't know how to do. I had a lovely chat with him and he said he had been fed up. Bless him. I've left it that if he wants to brush up on anything to just ask but it was up to him which he seemed happy with.

Best of luck for your boys.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now