Henrietta Barnet and Sutton Test on same day

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nerdydad

Henrietta Barnet and Sutton Test on same day

Post by nerdydad »

Hi,
The Henrietta Barnet entrance test and the Sutton Selective Eligibility Test are scheduled for the same day - 17 September 2014. We are keen for our daughter to take both tests. How can we do that ?
Will they consider a request for "Special arrangements" based on a test on the same day at another school ?
Daogroupie

Re: Henrietta Barnet and Sutton Test on same day

Post by Daogroupie »

Not a problem, some I know had a triple clash last year, they will let you do the backup date. Just email them about it once you have decided which ones to do first. I would do Sutton so you get a quieter day for HBS, it is a bit frantic! DG
gulat

Post by gulat »

Hi DaoGroupie

I called HBS yesterday and was told there is no backup day this year and I would have to choose between schools. I am in the same predicament where DD wants to appear for Nonsuch and HBS. Any advice greatly appreciated
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

No backup day? Not even for certified illness?

You really need a strong immune system as well as a decisive family!

Extraordinary.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Well goodness me! I never heard of a school not having a backup day. What are they going to do or there is some major bug sweeping the country or what about if some big hitting private school puts their exam on the same day as them on 7th January. Dear old HBS likes to keep giving us all these new issues to debate!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Could they be trying to put a stop to 11 plus tourism? I suppose if you book the main test date for your child, but then she is genuinely ill on the test day, the school would still offer you another date, surely?
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Sutton Boys (now also part of the common test format) always had a rule that no alternative date could be offered unless the child was ill on the day of the exam and provided proof of this with a Dr's certificate signed and dated for the day of the exam. I think there was also an exemption for Jewish children when the tests were held on a Saturday but that is going back a while.

Surely they just mean that there are no alternative dates for people who have no special reason apart from wishing to sit tests in more than one area? It is possible they may not even know about the clashing dates though so it is worth asking.
gulat

Post by gulat »

HBS Admissions FAQ confirms that alternative day will only be provided in case of illness (supported by Doctors certificate). So it looks like parents would need to decide between HBS and Sutton this year.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Or lying... why do the schools have to make things unnecessarily difficult? They know that all tests have to be conducted in short span of time and could allow taking tests on the back-up date for sick children.
nals

Post by nals »

And LEH will have their exams on 7th January .. the same day as HBS round 2.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now