Lost exam paper...what to do?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Lost exam paper...what to do?

Post by Guest »

Hi,
My daughter has just sat the 11+,she did the first paper no problem,then for the second test we chose to send her to the alternative date for the test due to her being away on a school trip.We turned up at the school,she did the test then we left after being told every thing was ok.The following week we got a call from the school saying they couldnt find her paper so she had to come and resit it at a later date.We are completely shocked and my daughter is very upset about having to sit the test again.I would appreciate any advice as to who to make a complaint to,i am speaking to the headteacher in the morning.
Thanks,

Jo.
perplexed

lost paper

Post by perplexed »

It does sound bad that the paper has been lost. But you cannot bring it back. And the best thing is that your daughter should feel that it is a good thing that she has more practice in effect for the real thing. If you appear so concerned she may feel more nervous when she resits it. And really it just is another 45 mins of your daughter's time and she does have plenty of it! So it should not be such a big deal.

However, if you do feel that your daughter is very bothered about it, and will therefore do worse next time, then make sure that the head puts in writing to you that your daughter has to resit the paper because the school lost it. Then, you will have something if you decide to appeal over the result. But unless you have something to show what your daughter's ability in that subject would normally be it is a little tricky to prove that having to sit the paper again would have put her at a disadvantage.

Good luck!
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Agreeing with Perplexed here!! I would try to sell it to your daughter as a distinct advantage!! I wish mine could re-sit :wink: Was it VR or NVR?