Home schooling for the third term of Y6

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
drummer

Re: Home schooling for the third term of Y6

Post by drummer »

Your son has achieved qualification and been allocated a place at secondary school - this is not dependent on him being at a particular school or indeed being in any school.

All you need do it write a letter to the school saying that you are withdrawing him and asking for him to be deregistered. I don't know your entire situation but it might be helpful for the school if you contact the Chair of Governors of his current school to explain why you are doing what you are doing in case there is something they can learn from the situation. No school wants this to happen and most SLT/Gov Bodies would want to know as much as they could to see if there was anything better they could have done.

As regards the secondary place, if you are at all unsure then call the LA to explain what you want to do and to get peace of mind that it won't affect secondary entry. You might also want to contact the SENCO of the school he is going to to explain the situation in case they can do something to ensure he settles well at his new school. They will be reaching out to their feeder primaries this term to find out about children who might need extra support of some kind.
Choppersdeedee

Re: Home schooling for the third term of Y6

Post by Choppersdeedee »

Thanks everyone, deregistered him today. I feel much better now that I've done it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now