Waiting lists

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Waiting lists

Post by Guest »

Can any one tell me how you find out if you are on a waiting list for a grammar school? Do the school write to you or is it the LEA? Our LEA is different from the one the school comes under and they have only given us the offered school
Sleepless

Waiting lists

Post by Sleepless »

Which authority are you in and which authority was the school you applied for?

Post by Guest »

The school is King Edwards Five Ways Birmingham and our LEA is Solihull.
I have rung the foundation office and they have said that everyone automatically goes on a waiting list till July. If places become available I presume they work down the list in result order.

Post by Guest »

Hi

I have known many children who are on the waiting list, but I don't know of any who got in from the list. Most people want their child to go to the KE school they have been allocated as a place is a bit like gold.

You would need to appeal. What school were you allocated? Solihull has some very good schools. I think last year there were about 20 appeals for KE Camp Hill and only one child got through. Sorry not to be very hopeful.
sleepless

Waiting lists

Post by sleepless »

Yes, this is normally the case. You may find that you are offered a place later, even at the end of the road (when you have bought the uniform for the alternative school, it does happen). However, after the new year 7 intake has started in September, it will probably be a case of putting your child down for an entrance test should a place become available.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now